None of the marketing agencies talk about radio advertisements even though more than 71.6 million millennial listen to radio every month. Hence, to deliver more value to our readers, we at Creative Thinks Media, an advertising agency, have decided to unveil some simple steps to building a great radio ad.
So if you are someone who is into marketing or wants to promote their business with Radio ads, then this article can be your Bible. Read till the end to get some fantastic ideas for launching your next radio ad.
Before we start, it is essential to know that when you decide to go for radio ads, it is not just the content of your ad but also its timings, targeting, and reliability that determines if the ad would be effective or not.
Hence you need to make sure that you analyze your buyer’s persona, their geographical presence and also identify the time they are most likely to play the radio. If you can decide upon these aspects, it gets 50% assured that your ad would render higher ROI.
Now talking about curating clutter-breaking content for your ads, the following steps might help:
- It is very important for you to keep the content of your ad simple. Refrain from using those fancy words or slang. Make sure you keep it short, simple, and impactful.
- Do not oversell the product. Introduce the problem and explain the solution that your product is solving for your target audience.
- As an advertising agency, our research says that Funny Ad Content might work wonders for you.
- Focus on your offer. Please do not start your ad with a problem and end it with a solution. Make sure that you put your offer forward. For example, if you are giving some discounts or combo deals, then let the listeners know about it.
- The voice of your ad matters. Yes, it is essential for you to choose a voice artist who has a clear and sharp voice. Also, choose someone more relatable for the audience. If you have a product that solves a particular problem for women, then it is better to hire a female voice-over artist.
- Be different. It is very important for brands to produce ads that are not like every other radio ad. This not only kills your reach but also tarnishes the image of your brand. So be creative while scripting your ad. Strike a perfect balance between humor and emotions. Make sure you let your users imagine the picture that you are trying to craft with your ad.
- Establish a connection. Do not let your ad play like a monologue. Ask questions, add satire, and mix emotions. In short, make the listener think for a while.
- Create a simple call to action. It is excellent to produce a fantastic ad. However, it is even more essential for you to convey to the listener where they have to go next in order to avail your offer or buy your product/service.
Once you are done establishing the content for your ad, you might find the negotiation tips given below quite useful to strike a deal with a radio station.
- Always go for the ‘busy timings’. Do not fall for the bait of ‘spread advertisements’. It is vital for you to understand if your target audience will be up and get a chance to listen to your commercial in the middle of the night or not. Do not just enroll for the cheap and readily available slots and regret later.
- Ask for more. Do not stop your negotiations. Once you know you have to buy the ad slots for more months, you are in a better position to negotiate better.
- Try and opt for host endorsements. Host endorsement is when the host of a radio show tells about your product or service. With such an ad or endorsement, there are higher chances of people actually listening about your brand and responding to the CTA. As an advertising agency, we highly recommend keeping a simple URL for the page where you want your prospects to land.
- Try hosting a giveaway. Radio stations are quite interested in hosting giveaways. All you have to do is to curate a strategy that will help you in converting more people out of those giveaway challenges.
That is all from our side. We hope that the content generation and negotiation tips given above would prove to be helpful for you. In case you need any exclusive help in terms of creating a storyboard for your ad, you can always connect with Creative Thinks Media, the best advertising agency in Delhi.
Why Choose Us For Radio Advertising?
Being an advertising agency with hands-on experience in content curation and distribution, we understand what elements can make you go viral. We make sure to incorporate your message well into your ad and make it effective.